Friday, February 29, 2008

South African Resource Room



A photo of two students I work with at one of my schools. I share a classroom with an inconsistent schedule so sometimes I set up shop outside, which is nice on sunny days like this photo. Items worthy of notice: Students are sitting in chairs, however the makeshift desks are amputees delicately balanced for one student with his left hand. The other student has it leaning against his chair. These broken chairs are a glimpse of what kids find to do with their time when not learning. Also, you may notice the lovely decor of the tree in the background. I refer to it as South African Tinsel (barbed wire). Believe it or not one of the students swiftly scaled the tree to fetch a frisbee on the roof a while back. I was amazed and frightened at the same time. His climb seemed, to me, too well practiced.

No comments: