Friday, April 25, 2008

Joy of Advocacy!

The fun of living in a place with issues, is that you have plenty of time to think of creative solutions. I have been doing alot of that and been at times overwhelmed with all the possibilities to make positive change. Many of these ideas have not come into fruition as I have been busy with other things. The exciting thing now has been to watch ideas I have been thinking of coming into fruition without me. It makes me happy to see a community thinking creatively without outside help. I feel overjoyed just to be an advocate for ideas. By being open to helping, I am increasingly becoming a sounding board and network for others to plug into. I will tell more, but just wanted to share in the joy of seeing my little baby ideas growing on their own without me. I let them go greatful that I don't have to own the burden of things left undone.

Senza ukusebenza,
(my attempt at saying in xhosa, we are going to do work)


Matt Kellen

No comments: